Thursday, November 4, 2010

The "Alchemy of Cooking": Love is the Only Ingredient That Really Matters


Dear Isabelle~

Ah....these spices remind me of the "alchemy of cooking" and the choices I have to make as to what to include and what not to include in a recipe. But mostly,  I'm thinking about the alchemy of cooking "opposite" emotions...what happens when I heat up sad with mad? Knowing and not knowing? Surrendering and striving? What happens when I've become confused in the middle of the recipe and lost the way?


What happens when it feels like one is in the middle of a labyrinth and the path becomes obscured--the heart map gone, and the instructions unclear? I feel that way. What happens when I add mad to sad, or sad to mad, and it comes out....well, you know--not glad--!? Not good. You tell me that astrological transits pull us in opposite directions --how do we reconcile Jupiter square or opposite Saturn? How does that change with Saturn squaring or opposing Uranus? Or stirring up a bit of Saturn with Neptune?


I know you've said that I should look at each ingredient, or each planet, separately, and write down what that planet is all about, and then put the two together. Like Saturn can be limitation and "time", and Venus can be love and money. So when I put the whole list together it shows good possibilities as well as not so good~with Saturn and Venus are together, like in my chart now, then relationships can mature and can stand the test of time.  Do I have it right? When I'm lost I'm learning to ask for help. Today I felt really lost. Then I found this on a scrap of paper:


"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. He who looks outside, dreams....he who looks inside, awakens."  Author: Carl Jung.


It's almost confusing, because Jung liked dreams. He liked them alot! He looked to them for hints, metaphors and even divination....but then he brought it all inside and allowed it to simmer and heat up, till just the right alchemy of the cooking "awakened" the vision.  He honored the process of waiting and holding the tension of the opposites, till the third inspiration appears....that particular "spice" that changes the chemistry of the whole stew into something new. Something special. Who knows how long it takes? Who knows just the right blend of spices?


Cooking with love is all that matters, don't you agree? Maybe the same goes for astrology....the intention must be one of love.....     (c) elizabeth spring   http://www.elizabethspring.com/

No comments: